While most of us may often choose to pay the café around the block a regular visit, the current socially-distanced times push for self-reliance. Be it a chilled iced coffee or a hot cuppa deliciousness, it's time we brushed up our coffee-making skills in quarantine.
Brewed coffee, a go-to for coffee lovers, is prepared by pouring hot water onto ground coffee beans, then allowing to brew. While there are several methods for doing so, including using a filter or a percolator, making use of a french press allows for a smooth, rich and indulgent coffee texture. Although, this simple method does require precision to achieve that perfect, aromatic cup of love.
To ace this coffee-making procedure, Abdul Sahid Khan, Head Trainer at Lavazza India gives you a step-by-step guide on how to brew french pressed coffee perfectly, at home!
1. Heat some water in a kettle at the right temperature (92-93 °C), just below boiling temperature.
2. Make use of a good roast and ground coffee blend. My go-to pick is Qualita Rossa by Lavazza.
3. The strength of coffee is determined by the ratio of coffee to water; increasing the amount of coffee increases the strength. The ideal ratio is '1:14', with 1 part coffee and 13 parts water. However, if you like your coffee mild or strong, you may increase or decrease the quantity of the coffee accordingly.
4. Pour the water slowly and allow the coffee grounds to bloom for 30 seconds.
5. Add the remaining water and let the grounds steep for 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Now, start pressing the plunger gradually, with both hands.
7. Serve your self-brewed coffee and enjoy!
Can acne go away on its own? Or does drinking water really clear up your skin? Read this to clear your burning skincare questions.
The prettiest shade of Indian festivities gets a modern update with strong accents of gold.