Tying the knot marks the beginning of a new life. And one of the ways to welcome your significant other is by redecorating or adding new elements in your home or designing a new home altogether. India-inspired, design-led, lifestyle brand Chumbak's Co-Founder Shubra Chadda tells us how to incorporate prints in your home.
View this post on Instagram
- What are the basics that one should know about mixing prints to create a lively living room?
- Shubra Chadda: Mixing prints and patterns is a fun and convenient way to create an interesting and lively space. While layering patterns, play with a variety of textures and combine prints of different scales. It is best to keep a cohesive colour palette in mind, with some pop colours.
- What are the different kinds of prints that people are experimenting with the most?
- Shubra Chadda: There’s so much to choose from! These days, people are experimenting with florals as they really give spaces a contemporary vibe. In addition to this, many are being inspired by geometric prints and patterns. These really give spaces a tailored and polished edge.
- What mistakes should one avoid while using prints for decorating a smaller space?
- Shubra Chadda: Balance is key. One should experiment with bold prints and colours but should be wary of going overboard.