Give a fun spin to your weekend brekkie with Mini Cinnamon Pancake cereal!
Have you heard of the latest viral food trend yet? Well, in case you haven't, you ought to try it now! Gone are the banana breads and Dalgona coffee days, it seems like pancake cereal is a trend that's here to stay. If you're looking to give your good-old pancakes or cereal a fun twist, there certainly isn't any better way than to bring these classics together!
Chef Parul Pratap, Executive Chef - Music & Mountains, shares her 'Mini Cinnamon Pancake Cereal recipe' to give you some major inspo for the weekend!
Find the detailed recipe for Mini Cinnamon Pancake Cereal, down below:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
*you will need a squeezie bottle for this, or a ziplock bag with the corner cut, to squeeze out the batter.
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder, heaped
2 tbsp sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 tbsp butter, melted
3-4 tbsp butter for frying
4 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
Milk to serve (optional)
Honey or Maple syrup
1. Mix the flour, sugar and baking soda in a bowl.
2. Mix the milk, melted butter and egg in a separate bowl.
3. Use a whisk to combine the dry and wet ingredients. You should achieve a smooth, shiny consistency of the batter.
4. Pour the batter into a squeeze bottle or ziplock bag with the corner cut to make a small hole.
5. Heat butter in a non stick pan.
6. Squeeze coin-sized amounts of batter all over the pan, maintaining a considerable distance between each.
7. Quickly turn each one over to cook evenly on both sides.
8. Mix the castor sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
9. Remove the mini pancakes from the pan and place them into the cinnamon-sugar mix. Toss to coat.
10. Serve with milk, maple syrup or honey.
Ready, set, eat!
Catch this fresh, romantic musical show which is newly- released on the 4th of August 2020 on Amazon Prime Video