All things healthy and super delicious, Chef Utkarsh Bhalla, Sly Granny, shares his signature barley salad recipe for the health-conscious bride.
Are you one of those people who just can't get themselves to workout? If yes, this salad recipe is just what you need! A bowl of goodness, without compromising on deliciousness, feel free to binge on, all weekend.
Find the detailed recipe for Barley Salad, down below:
½ cup Barley
1 Orange, segmented
1 tbsp Roasted peanuts
1 tbsp Hung curd
4-5 Mint leaves, chopped
1 tbsp Orange reduction
1 tbsp Tomato tempering
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cracked pepper
4-5 Fried Curry leaves
1 tsp Brown onion
For Tomato Tempering
30 ml Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
3-4 Curry leaves
½ Chopped Onion
½ Chopped Tomato
1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
1 tsp Salt
Method for Tomato Tempering:
1. Take oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves, and let it crackle.
2. Add chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
3. Add tomatoes and spices. Cook for 20-25 minutes at low flame.
4. Store under chiller
For orange reduction
1 cup Orange juice
1 tsp Sugar
Method for orange reduction:
1. Put everything in a pan and heat at a medium flame, till it reaches a syrup-like consistency.
2. Store it in the refrigerator in a sterilized glass jar.
1. Rinse and soak the barley for at least 2 hours. Boil the barley with a tsp of salt, and rinse again to remove excess starch. Once done, strain and chill.
2. In a mixing bowl, make the dressing by adding hung curd, tomato tempering and orange reduction.
3. Toss in the chilled barley, add an orange segment, season, and give it a mix.
4. Mix in the pomegranate and mint leaves.
5. Garnish with brown onion, fried curry leaves and a sprig of mint.
Ready, set, eat!
Speaking from experience with many married couples, marriage coach Leena Paranjpe shares the warning signs of...