Skip the take-out this week, this chicken stir-fry with crispy spinach is the real deal.
A quick whip-up on those hectic, 'not-in-a-mood-to-cook' days, Chef Ravi Saxena, Head Chef Mamagoto, shares his signature 'Chicken with Anise and Crispy Spinach' recipe for you busy-bees. Packed with healthy, tender-crisp veggies, incredibly juicy chicken, and an exceedingly addictive sauce, you won't need to turn to Asian take-outs no more!
Find the detailed recipe for Chicken with Anise and Crispy Spinach, down below:
150 gms Sliced Chicken, fried
30 gms Oil
15 gms Chopped Garlic
15 gms Chopped Ginger
10 gms Star Anise
10 gms Dry Red Chilli
30 gms Spring Onion, diamond cut
100 ml Water
3 gms Five Spice Powder
5 gms Sugar
10 gms Oyster Sauce
10 gms Dark Soy Sauce
15 gms Chinese Wine
5 gms Lemon Juice
5 ml Light Soy Sauce
5 gms Chilli Paste
100 gms Fried Spinach
5 gms Potato Starch Water
100 ml Oil for frying
5 gms Brown Garlic, for garnish
5 gms Spring Onion, for garnish
1. Take the chicken, egg, salt and cornflour. Deep fry the marinated chicken in tempura for 3 minutes, until yellow.
2. Deep fry the spinach leaf into two halves, in tempura.
3. Wok toss dry red chilly, garlic, aniseed and water in oil.
4. Add fried chicken, oyster sauce, broth, sugar, chilli paste, five spicy powder, dark soya sauce, cornflour, lemon juice and Chinese wine.
5. Serve in a wok with fried spinach leaf.
6. Garnish with brown garlic and spring onion.
Ready, set, eat!
Speaking from experience with many married couples, marriage coach Leena Paranjpe shares the warning signs of...