The big day is just a few days away and you don't know what to do of the dark circles? You have tried every expensive treatment under the sun to get rid of the stubborn dark circles yet they come back, then you need to understand that your problem could be hereditary. Well, if it’s so, there may not be a permanent solution but following a consistent skin care routine may minimise the appearance of the under-eye circles. Shahnaz Hussain, veteran beauty expert, says, “The skin around the eyes is very delicate and thinner than most other areas of the face. It has no oil glands and is one of the first areas to get dark circles. Besides hereditary factors, lack of sleep, stress, nutritional deficiencies, sun-sensitivity, as well as neglect of proper skin care can cause dark circles.”
She suggests some home remedies that you follow consistently to get rid of dark circles.
1. Dark circles can be treated by mixing cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal quantities. Apply daily and wash off with water after 15 minutes. Tomato juice is also said to lighten skin colour.
2. Mix lemon juice with egg white and a pinch of turmeric. Apply under eyes and let it remain for 10 minutes. Wash off with plain water.
3. Mint leaves are also said to help dark under-eye circles. Make a paste of mint leaves, put a few drops of lemon juice and apply under the eyes for 10 minutes. Wash off with plain water.
4. Mix half teaspoon gram flour with half teaspoon curd and pinch of turmeric. Apply under the eyes like a pack. Wash off gently with plain water after 15 minutes. Buttermilk may also be used instead of curd, as it also helps to lighten skin colour.
5. Mash banana and add half teaspoon honey and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply under the eyes and wash it off after 20 minutes. It lightens dark circles, moisturises and also tightens the skin.
6. Mix egg white with a teaspoon of honey and apply around eyes. Wash it off with plain water after 15 minutes.
7. Daily apply pure almond oil sparingly around eyes and massage it lightly on the skin, using only the ring finger, for one minute under each eye. Massage in one direction only. Leave on for 15 minutes and wipe off gently with moist cotton wool.
Take a cue from Meghna and Jai's *Instagram-worthy* pre-wedding photoshoot captured by Knotting Bells.
High school sweethearts, Ami Pandya and Nitin Zacharias took the plunge and tied the knot at a dreamy destination in Rajasthan.