Here are a few things you should know about microdermabrasion before you jump on the bandwagon.
There's only so much, physical exfoliators and acids can do for your skin problems- whether you suffer from pigmentation, acne scars, uneven skin texture or clogged pores- it might be time to bring out the big guns.
Enter microdermabrasion, the professional skin treatment that promises clearer, healthier, radiant skin in virtually next to no time at all.
Microdermabrasion is a process that exfoliates and removes the outermost layer of dead skin cells using fine crystals of an inert substance, like aluminium oxide or corundum and more recently diamond, to reveal fresh skin.
Here are a few things you should know before you jump on this skincare bandwagon:
1. It is rapidly replacing other procedures to treat fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation, open pores and other skin issues.
2. It is a fairly painless procedure unless you have overly sensitive skin.
3. The process isn’t a long one, usually taking up to 30 mins at a time.
4. It is advised to repeat the process a few times for best results, advisably with intervals of a week in between.
5. It is very different from micro-needling and uses a high-pressure blast of inert oxide crystals, which means no incisions and no anaesthesia.
6. It is also a much cheaper option than other treatments, especially the ones which require surgery.
7. The recovery time is minimal, with the redness ad tenderness of your skin subsiding after a few hours, and results showing up soon after the treatment.
8. Your skin will be extremely dehydrated after this treatment, so it is advised to combine it with active moisturizer infusion containing hyaluronic acid and vitamin C. It is also suggested to use sunscreen before stepping out after the treatment to avoid pigmentation and sun damage.
9. Since this is a non-invasive procedure, side effects are unlikely. Any issues that might arise should be addressed in consultation with your dermatologist.
10. People with skin conditions like rosacea, eczema, dermatitis, acne, should consult their dermatologist before trying this treatment.
BT presents to you accessories in the traditional hues of red, blue and gold, to ensure that the bride looks lovely...
Fresh-faced bridal muse, Ananya Panday talks about romance and her dream to have two (!) big-fat Indian weddings.